Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tricia Rose (Hip Hop)












I absolutely love this article!!! Tricia Rose is a genuis. I agree and love everything that she had to say. I love hip hip & do not think it is dead, however it is seriously "ill" as she would say. I love artists like Nas, Lupe, Kanye, and Common who are versitile and have much more to offer to the game than just clothes,partying,women,and sex. They really take the effort to educate there fans. I feel like hip hop, today, is not even representing "true society" as a whole. I mean honestly, most people are struggling to pay bills and feed their family during this recesstion, but most of the songs that I hear on the radio is about buying out the bar at the club, wanting to have sex with every girl in the world, and owning a "pimped" out ride. Its really sad because most rappers claim to come from poverty stricken upbringings, yet it seems the second they under the "spotlight" they only can talk/rap about materialistic matters. I watched another video on youtube on tricia rose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7gUu4DYZO0 ; she talked about hip hop & the way it portrays women. I loved that she touched this topic because it is something that I am very passionate about. Women are portrayed as sex objects or "walking bling" .....only physically & sexually shining for the camera. This needs to change. I like how tricia rose doesnt blame JUST hip hop for the reasoning behind sexism, however she does point out the realities. People need to understand that hip hop is not the only driving force behind certain teenage destructive behaviors & artists need to realize that they are held responsible for their actions.









Nas-What goes around lyrics

Sisters up in my hood trying to do good given choicesWhen pregnant drop out of school or have abortionsStop working hoping that they find a man that will support themUp late night on they mothers cordless, thinking a perm orBleaching cream will make better when they gorgeousWhite girls tanning, lypo suctionFake titties are implanted, fake lips thats life destructionLightskin women, bi-racial hateful toward themselvesDenying even they bloodI don't judge Tiger Woods but I overstand the mental poisonThats even worser than drugs...It's all poison, all of my words to enemies it is poisonRappers only talk about ki's, its all poisonHow could you call yourself emcees you ain't poisonThink about the kids you mislead with the poisonAnd any thoughts of taking me down is all poison

No comments:

Post a Comment