Sunday, May 3, 2009

MYSPACE




I honestlythought that Henry Jenkin's article was sooo boring. Everything they said about Myspace and Facebook I already knew.I must admit I am a "myspace head"! I just love it. I think its an awesome way to network and showcase your music or creativity. It is also a way to keep in touch with friends without "keeping in touch." I mean all you have to do is check out their profile and see whats new by looking at their status, bio, new photos, etc. The one thing I do not like about Myspace is all the young kids that I see have myspace. I see alot of young kids (especially girls) who have this alter ego on myspace which is usually more sexual & provocative. I do believe it is a good idea for parents to monitor their children if they do allow them to have myspace. The Horace Mann piece was a little more interesting ....probablly because it involved drama. All I can say is nothing on the internet is actually private. IF you do not want something to be "leaked" out to others, dont put it on your myspace, facebook, blogs..etc. simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment