Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thomas Hine

"The Rise & Fall of the American Teenager" by Thomas Hine explained how teenagers came to be and how they are now. He gives the history of the teenager up til this point and also explains the "fall" that teenagers now face do to actions without the thought of consequences. THis pieces was well written and I was specifically interested on how the teenager "came to be." I had always thought that there was always such thing as a teenager. I like how he called teens "barbarians at the gate" , because thats how many people view teenagers. I do understand how many adults look at teens to be self-destructive. Some teens are indeed careless, destructive, nieve, etc. However I do not believe it is right that they stereo-type all teenagers.


The best part of HIne's article was about the 18yr old woman who threw away her baby, touched up her make-up, and then went back to dancing at her prom. OMG how crazy is that?

Anyways...i was trying to google this horrific story when I came across this picture...haha can you believe this girl really went to her prom like that..I just thought it was histarical!

No comments:

Post a Comment